What Does a Microdermabrasion Facial Do?
Human skin is exposed to environmental and age-related changes and all women would like to maintain their skin’s smooth texture, wrinkle free. Minor irregularities, scars, and traces of acne can affect our appearance and self-esteem. But cosmetology keeps pace with the times gives us an answer to hundreds of common skin problems. Thankfully, there are a number of gentle procedures that can help skin to become fresh and young. Microdermabrasion is just one of those options. Microdermabrasion is one of the most delicate methods of mechanical face exfoliation out there.
What Is Diamond Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion, a type of exfoliation (micro-exfoliation), is a gentle and painless way to get rid of “dead” skin cells and to stimulate its regeneration. Microdermabrasion smooths out fine wrinkles, reduces age-related hyperpigmentation, and most importantly, stimulates the production of new collagen and elastin, thereby giving the skin a fresh new look.
Alumina micro crystals make contact through the tip of the apparatus and exfoliates and actively polishes you skin. After just one procedure and you will notice a difference in your skin’s complexion and smoothness.
This cosmetic treatment helps to improve complexion and eliminate early signs of aging. This method is especially used by our patients who have oily skin. Many women already understand the benefits of dermabrasion. However, they may think that this cosmetic procedure is painful and has harmful side-effects. This could be do to bad experiences with chemical skin peeling. But modern skin cleansing techniques have made the microdermabrasion technique comfortable and with a quicker recovery time.
Microdermabrasion can be carried out on other parts of the body as well, it’s not limited only to your face. For example, many women use dermabrasion after childbirth to remove traces of stretch marks. It can also be used to reduce burn and small scars on the face.
Diamond microdermabrasion is recommended by cosmetologists because the diamond chips on the tip of the instrument will not cause harm or injury to the skin. This is possible because this procedure affects only the first layer of the epidermis where there are no nerve endings.
VISIT ANNAZUR ORGANIC SPA
As mentioned above with diamond dermabrasion, you will not experience any discomfort. Each diamond crystals has an irregular shape and resemble a tiny star. Those tiny star shaped crystals pass over the skin, exfoliating and rapidly regenerating it. Using a suction device, on the same nozzle, the waste material that is scraped away by the diamond crystals are easily sucked up and your skin comes away cleaner and brighter.
The procedure can be carried out as a one-and-done treatment but it is recommended to complete a series of regular visits to provide a more visible and lasting result.
Before having diamond dermabrasion the esthetician will prep your skin. Face and neck skin is cleansed from any remnants of oils or cosmetics. Then the special apparatus is used on the area of the face or part of body that is being treated. The procedure itself takes no more than half an hour. This of course can vary depending on the treated area and your skin’s condition. After diamond dermabrasion your face is moisturized with an antiseptic.
As a result of microdermabrasion, skin care cosmetics can penetrate five times deeper, and their beneficial substances will have a faster acting results.
- In general, microdermabrasion can be used to help with the following conditions:
- Acne scars or marks on the skin
- Small and medium wrinkles
- Hyperpigmentation, dull, gray complexion
- Unsuccessful photo rejuvenation procedure resulting in coarse skin, loss of natural color
- Oily sheen and visible enlarged pores
- Visible traces of follicular hyperkeratosis (popularly referred to as chicken skin)
- Stretch marks post-pregnancy or a sharp change in percentage of adipose tissue
To sum up, the normal microdermabrasion procedure is as follows:
- Skin Cleansing
- Skin Toning
- Microdermabrasion using a special device
- Application of a serum and alginate mask
- Application of a professional post-procedure cream and serum
How Often Should You Get a Microdermabrasion Facial?
If you want to maintain a young and healthy complexion, even tone and smooth skin sessions should be done regularly. The recommended number of sessions per cycle is 6-8 within an interval of one month. The next consecutive sessions should be carried out after at least 7 days from the first session, but the esthetician will advise you the exact time depending on your skin’s current conditions. The maximum interval between the procedures should be no more than 21 days. Diamond dermabrasion is best done in the fall or early spring, when the sun is not so intense. The best results are possible with the successful combination of dermabrasion with other cosmetic procedures.
Microdermabrasion after care
You shouldn’t forget about safety measures after a microdermabrasion procedure. For example, you should avoid extreme sun exposure and tanning beds. Use sunscreen with at least SPF 30 when outdoors. Also, avoid heavy foundations and powders, as well as cosmetics containing lactic acid or glycol, for the time being. Facial scrubs and greasy creams are not recommended.
After Care Recommendations:
- Always use a sunscreen cream with at least 20 SPF. Apply it on the face generously. If your skin is sensitive, use a spray instead.
- In order to minimize redness and excessive perspiration of the skin, avoid doing physical exercise or going out of doors when the sun is at its strongest.
- Immediately after the session, it is better to replace your usual face cream with a thicker counterpart. This will prevent dryness and peeling.
- Avoid the use of cosmetics that contain elements of glycolic and lactic acid for at least five days.
- Avoid face scrubbing for ten days after the procedure.
- A few days before and after the treatment avoid using products containing Retin-A.
- Do not apply toner, powder, blush for three days after the session.
Microdermabrasion can be used in combination with other appropriate cosmetology methods based on the individual characteristics of your skin.
On the other hand, there may be special Casies where there exists a contraindications to getting microdermabrasion treatments. This is especially prevalent in patients with skin diseases such as herpes, rosacea, active acne, warts, or burns with unhealed scar formations.
Other cases may be:
- Unusual inflammation of the skin, such as purulent acne
- Dermatosis or another fungal infection
- Nevus, keloid scar, persistent expansion of small vessels of the skin (red, pink or even blue)
- Overly Sensitive skin from recent procedures
- Epilepsy or extreme obesity
If you do not any of the above conditions, then diamond dermabrasion will improve your skin. It will become younger and more beautiful, wrinkles will be smoothed out, complexion will become even and natural, and skin damage will become less noticeable after the first session.